Why You Should Add a Jade Roller to Your Skincare Routine & How to Properly Use One
As cultural interest in skincare increases, we’ve started to see the popularity in certain products and tools also grow. There are a variety of ways to care for your skin, from the food you eat to the serums and creams you use to relieve breakouts. However, it’s also important to stimulate blood flow and manually encourage collagen production with regular face massages.
If you find yourself waking up with puffiness or seeing a few too many wrinkles forming, using a jade roller regularly might be the best tool to add to your skincare routine and here’s why:
What Is a Jade Roller and Its Benefits?
How to Use a Jade Roller Effectively
- Put the jade roller in the freezer for a few minutes before using it so that it has a cooling and de-puffing effect on the skin
- Cleanse your face and add some oil to reduce any tension or pulling when you roll the skin
- Use the ‘up and out’ method to push lymphatic fluid from the centre of your face (nose) and to your lymph nodes (neck). Vertical motions are recommended for the forehead.
- Use the smaller side and gentler motions when dealing with the sensitive under-eye area
- When you’re done rolling, apply your serums and creams to finish off your skincare routine