The Collagen Beginner's Guide
Welcome to the beautiful world of Collagen!
We often get asked - (1) how much collagen should I take and (2) how long does it take before you start seeing results? It's not the easiest question to answer, but we have put together a gldn hour beginner's guide to collagen below:
1. 5g/day is a great start!
There are many types of collagen and sources, with the most popular being Type 1 (marine & bovine), Type 2 (Chicken), and Type 3 (Bovine).
gldn hour infuses beauty benefits by using 100% hydrolyzed marine collagen, which is the most digestible and bioavailable form of collagen, making it it very easy for our bodies to use. When specifically taking marine collagen, the daily recommended serving ranges for 5-10g/day vs. 10-20g/day for other types of collagen.
2. Fine lines or deep wrinkles?
Research suggests that different doses of marine collagen can target different levels of beauty. For example, consuming 5g of marine collagen/day will target fine lines, and 10g/day will super charge your beauty routine and help with deep wrinkles!
3. How long does it take to see results?
Although we believe collagen is a key ingredient for building beauty, you likely won't see results over night. The truth is that every person and body is different, so it is very hard to pin point exactly how long it will take before you start seeing results. However, just like most things, consistency is key (30-60 days of daily supplementation). Here is what you can expect:
- after 4 weeks of daily supplementation, you should start to notice hair growth, skin hydration and moisture, and lessening of fine lines
- after 2 months of consumption you should start to see noticeably healthy skin that glows and stays hydrated
4. What are you other goals?
Depending on your other goals and needs (outside of hair, skin and nails) here are the recommended servings:
- Cellulite - 11g/day can help reduce the appearance of cellulite by strengthening the connective tissue underneath the skin.
- Muscle - muscle mass and strength decrease with age. To increase muscle development while trimming fat with your workouts, the recommended serving goes to 15g/day.
- Bone - to help with bone metabolism and building, the recommended daily serving of collagen is 11g/day for a 150lbs person.
To make it very easy to get your daily dose of collagen for 1 month, gldn hour created the #gldnlife routine. The #gldnlife with give you 30 cans of gldn hour + 6 cans for free (12 of each flavor) to keep you covered for an entire month. Order here and start enjoying the #gldnlife!